The Alaska SHRM State Council is proud to offer a student scholarship
Submission Deadline is November 1
FREE SHRM Member Benefit: Post Your Spring & Summer Internships FREE
Did you know that SHRM has a partnership with internships.com, one of the nation’s leading and largest resources for internships? Did you know that as a SHRM member, you have the ability to post your internships, access the student database and search resumes for FREE on their site? Now is the time to start posting your open intern positions – visit Internships and take advantage of this added membership benefit! Student members have the ability to register for free as well, so encourage any HR students to register as well. Happy searching!
There are two student chapters in Alaska:
University of Alaska Fairbanks Student Chapter
Chapter President: Samantha Hill
Advisor: Wendy Tisland
- Visit our website
Who We Are
UAF Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is a nationally affiliated student organization for college students. Our membership is open to all undergraduate and graduate students in all majors who are interested in human resources.
To advance the knowledge, skills and abilities of University of Alaska Fairbanks SHRM Student Chapter members by providing essential resources through education, networking, career guidance, and human resource activities.
- Wayland Baptist University Student Chapter
- Visit our website
- Meet our Officers
Learn, Lead, and Live in the Light
Student Chapter 2012-2013 Theme
Chapter Mission Statement
To advance the knowledge, skills and abilities of Wayland Baptist University, Anchorage Student Chapter of SHRM members by providing essential resources through education, networking, career guidance, and HR activities.
The Anchorage Campus Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is a student-lead organization dedicated to the professional development of students pursuing careers with human resource management, business administration, and organizational management.
The Student Chapter meets once a month to gain career exposure and network within Human Resource (HR) professionals. Additionally, the Chapter members plan and conduct campus student professional development seminars and community support activities. The Anchorage SHRM sponsors the Student Chapter, and the Student Chapter is affiliated with the national Society for Human Resource Management. Student members participate in activities on and off campus and learn from active HR professionals the career field of Human Resource Management.
Anchorage Campus, Student Chapter of SHRM 2012-2013 Goals
- Recruit 10 new student members school year 2012-2013. Of the 10 new members, recruit at least six new members from the campus undergraduate student population and recruit at least four new four from the campus graduate student population.
- Form, fund, and train one HR-Games team to compete in the April 2013 HR-Games
- Conduct one campus level fundraising activity in fall, winter, and spring terms.
- Conduct a student chapter presentation during fall, winter, and spring terms during the UNIV 1101: Foundations of University Life new student orientation course.
- Develop and present a strategic HRM topic presentation at the ASHRM November, 2011, luncheon.
- Participate in ASHRM and Mat-Su Valley Chapters and other HRM sponsored activities.
- Plan, fund, and promote three $150 scholarship awards to campus students for Winter term.
- Support Anchorage Campus activities during school year 2012-2013, such as fall and spring clean-up, and fall and spring graduations.
- Perform community outreach activities to Bean’s Café and Anchorage Food Bank.
- Work towards completing all requirements to receive a National SHRM award.